If you have the Feast Plugin, do not follow this tutorial. Go directly to the Feast Plugin Setup.
Demos, FAQs, Tutorials and How-tos for the Foodie Pro Classic WordPress Theme.
Note: Updating from a previous version to the most recent version is like installing a new theme altogether, requiring customizations to be redone.
Before starting, read the tutorial on How to launch a food blog.
Below are all the tutorials on getting your new theme set up to appear like our demo. Each of these tutorials will open in a new tab; this will allow you to easily return to this page for the next step.
- Install the theme, and Import Demo Content
- Configure the Home Page
- Adding Social Icons to Your Navigation Menu
- Add a logo
- Configure the Footer Widgets
- Configure the Recipe Index
- Configuring the Category Pages
- How to set up the “Genesis – User Profile” sidebar widget
- How to set up the navigation menu
- Run the Regenerate Thumbnails Advanced plugin from Shortpixel
- If you’re new to WordPress, take the Yoast FREE WordPress Training course (highly recommended)
- Foodie Pro FAQ
- How Can I Update Foodie Pro Classic?
- Use the Code Snippets Plugin to customize your theme (do not edit theme files)
These aren’t required for getting your theme set up like the demo site, but are things you should do to set yourself up for success:
Image sizes you need to know
These are the recommended image sizes you need to know for the theme:
Images for recipe cards, and social platforms are outside the scope of the themes. They require dedicated plugins to manage because of how frequently they’re updated.
How do I write a recipe post?
One of the most frustrating things we hear from bloggers is that their content doesn’t rank well. There’s a lot of reasons for this, but the most prominent is that their content is simply not high enough quality.
We’ve detailed how to write a high quality recipe post in the anatomy of a recipe post, and we highly recommend reviewing the quality rater guidelines for recipe pages.
The Feast Plugin contains the Recipe Post Template that we highly recommend beginners use.
Customization Tips for Foodie Pro
Please note that while we’ve added these resources due to the high number of requests that we’ve received that we are unable to troubleshoot issues that arise due to customizations.
- Custom fonts with Foodie Pro Classic
- Editing CSS, colors, fonts and whitespaces
- Set Up Your WooCommerce Shop with Genesis Connect
Where can I place ads in Foodie Pro?
We don’t recommend running any ads until you qualify for a high quality ad network.
What’s new in the releases? Check out the Foodie Pro theme page for update notes.